The unique recreational program is geared for children and youth on the autism spectrum aged 9-18 with additional camps for adults. Supported by a specialized team of outdoor educators, campers experience the joys of summer camp in a small group setting that focuses on individual strengths. Some of the many scheduled activities include: high ropes courses, swimming, canoeing, kayaking, archery, arts and crafts, campfires, and much more. The 5 day overnight program encourages campers to explore peer relationships, step out of their comfort zones, and learn about themselves by using the principles of challenge by choice. Prior to the camp experience a member of our coordinator team will meet with potential campers and their family to ensure that everyone is adequately prepared for the summer camp adventure. As a strength-based recreational program the KOC Autism Summer Camp build on the interests and abilities of each camper.
This all-inclusive 5 day, 4 night summer camp program is $2000, with a $700 deposit due upon notice of a program space.
- Opportunities for campers to have new experiences and feel good about themselves.
- A controlled setting for the development of appropriate and positive peer relationships.
- An ongoing support program facilitating personal growth through task completion, a secure learning environment, clearly defined expectations, and an individualized focus.
- An opportunity for caregivers and children to have a short break from one another.
- A program structure that reinforces and maintains growth over a period of time.
- An enjoyable camp experience!