The Krista Sepp Memorial Awards were established by Kinark in 1991 to honour the memory of Krista Sepp, who lost her life on February 3, 1989, while performing her duties as a child and youth worker (CYW). For the past 24 years, supported by agencies across the province, the awards have honoured the work of child and youth workers/counsellors in Ontario.
Two child and youth workers who have made exemplary contributions to the field of practice, and who embody the values that Krista was known for, will be honoured. Nominations are received from across Ontario from agencies working in the areas of child and youth mental health, child welfare, youth justice, education and health.
- The Horizon Award recognizes excellent work of direct service staff with up to five years of experience working and a diploma or degree in the CYW/CYC field or OACYC membership.
- The Mentoring Award honours the ongoing excellent contributions of direct service staff with more than five years of experience and a diploma or degree in the CYW/CYC field or OACYC membership.
2016 Krista Sepp Memorial Awards Winners and Nominees
Congratulations to our 2016 Krista Sepp Horizon Award Winner:
Deena Rajab from Hincks-Dellcrest
Congratulations to all of our 2016 Krista Sepp Horizon Award Nominees:
- Children’s Aid Society of Oxford County: Alicia Nicholson
- The George Hull Centre for Children and Families: Matt Deciantis
- Hincks-Dellcrest: Genevieve Beauvais and Jessie Wilson
- Reach Out Centre for Kids: Meagen Leclerc
- Western Area Youth Services: Jessica Korolenchuck
- Youthdale: Aya Tomioka, Kelly Moniz and Lucas Hunter
- Syl Apps Youth Centre: Hailey Coughlin
Congratulations to our 2016 Krista Sepp Mentoring Award Winner:
Chantal Payette from the Roberts Smart Centre
Congratulations to all of our 2016 Krista Sepp Mentoring Award Nominees:
- Hospital for Sick Children: David Avery
- John Howard Society of Hamilton, Burlington and Area: Kelly Burke
- Lynwood Charlton: Allan Hughes
- Reach Out Centre for Kids: Jaclyn Cronin
- Children’s Aid Society of Oxford County: Leanne Fortin
- The George Hull Centre for Children and Families: Joyce Fulton
- Vanier Children’s Services: Jordan Mackay
- Western Area Youth Services: Natalie Beaulieu
- The York Centre for Children, Youth and Families: Shilagh Ostrosser and Sandy Cosentino
- Syl Apps Youth Centre: Gaynor Fraser
To view the previous winners of the Krista Sepp Memorial Awards click here.
With support of agencies across the province, we were able to continue to host this annual recognition of the high quality work and dedication of front-line workers and promote awareness of child and youth service and a commitment to service excellence.
Thank you to our 20116 Supporters:
Children’s Centre Thunder Bay
Children’s Mental Health Ontario
The George Hull Centre for Children and Families
Hincks-Dellcrest Treatment Centre
Lynwood Charlton Centre
Office of the Provincial Advocate for Children and Youth
Peel Children’s Services
Reach Out Centre for Kids
Vanier Children’s Services
For more information, contact the Ontario Association of Child and Youth Care.