Children’s Mental Health Week is an annual celebration about increasing awareness of the signs of child and youth mental health problems, decreasing stigma and understanding that help is available and treatment works! Kinark initiatives taking place across the province include:
- Monday, May 4th: Kinark expert, Harold Adams, Clinical Supervisor, Day Treatment and Family Services will be interviewed on Georgina Life, Rogers Cable 10, to help raise awareness and provide information to parents about services available in York Region.
Click here for more info
- Wednesday, May 6th from 7 – 9 p.m.: Kinark’s Dr. Kevin Nugent will be discussing the controversies about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder at the Peterborough Health Families Workshop. The workshop is open to the public and free of charge.
Click here for more info Click here for the flyer
- May 4 – 9: Minister MacCharles will be meeting Executive Directors/CEO’s of child adn youth mental health Lead Agencies, including Kinark’s Cathy Paul at Queen’s Park to discuss promising practices working across sectors to serve children and youth with mental health problems and their families, as well as early Lead Agency successes.
Click here for more info
- Friday, May 7th Minister MacCharles will be meeting Executive Directors/CEO’s of child adn youth mental health Lead Agencies, including Kinark’s Cathy Paul at Queen’s Park to discuss promising practices working across sectors to serve children and youth with mental health problems and their families, as well as early Lead Agency successes.
- Friday, May 8th: Kinark’s Dr. Rod Evans will be speaking at an invitation only Health Policy Symposium to discuss and raise awareness regarding the challenges of building a more responsive system, hosted by Children’s Mental Health Ontario, the Ontario Hospital Association and the Canadian Institute for Health Information.
- Saturday, May 9th: The Friends of Kinark in Peterborough are having a Retail Therapy Day on Saturday, May 9th to help raise awareness about children’s mental health and support Kinark. The Retail Therapy Day is being held in downtown Peterborough.
Click here for more info Click here to see a video
- Kinark staff members are hosting tables at resource events for parents at schools in our service areas.
To inquire about a future presentation at your school, please email: email@example.com.
Additionally, access any available resources, if you suspect your child or youth needs help. Here are a few:
Kinark Child and Family Services: Central Intake: 1-888-454-6275
Kinark’s Central Intake is the front door for children, youth and families who may be struggling with a mental health issue. It is open Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Intake is closed weekends and all statutory holidays.
Canadian Mental Health Association
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
Additionally, you can connect with Kids Help Phone online:http://www.kidshelpphone.ca/Teens/AskUsOnline
If you or your child is in crisis: