It is with deep regret that we have decided to cancel the 2020 Kinark Classic Golf Tournament scheduled on May 25, 2020.
This decision was not taken lightly, but we feel that it is the responsible thing to do under the pandemic circumstances we are faced with.
Our very good friends at Pheasant Run Golf Club are not sure when they will be able to open the golf course. Kinark staff and volunteers who provide hundreds of manpower hours to organize the tournament are very busy responding to the needs of our clients at this challenging time to devote time to the golf event. And our loyal sponsors and our golfing friends are currently very busy keeping their families safe and their businesses viable. For these reasons, it is best for us to cancel the tournament. If you have any questions, please contact us.
All of us at the Kinark Foundation thank you for your ongoing support. It is our hope that you all stay safe and healthy.
Donors enable the Foundation to fund a broad range of initiatives including:
- support for children and youth and their families, including education and respite;
- research and pilot projects;
- collaborative community-based projects and
- capital and infrastructure (e.g. equipment, building projects).
Projects supported by the Kinark Foundation achieve the following:
- enhance child development and promote the mental health of children and youth;
- positively impact families;
- encourage innovation, research and the use of evidence-based practice;
- create awareness and understanding of children’s mental health issues, autism spectrum disorder and
- build organizational and community capacity to respond to the needs of children and youth with complex needs and their families.
To donate to the Kinark Foundation, please use the following form:
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Schmidt, Chair
Gregory Glenn, Secretary/Treasurer
Marcia Benjamin, Member
Donna Kingelin, Member