Donors enable the Foundation to fund a broad range of initiatives including:
- support for children and youth and their families, including education and respite;
- research and pilot projects;
- collaborative community-based projects and
- capital and infrastructure (e.g. equipment, building projects).
Projects supported by the Kinark Foundation achieve the following:
- enhance child development and promote the mental health of children and youth;
- positively impact families;
- encourage innovation, research and the use of evidence-based practice;
- create awareness and understanding of children’s mental health issues, autism spectrum disorder and
- build organizational and community capacity to respond to the needs of children and youth with complex needs and their families.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Schmidt, Chair
Gregory Glenn, Secretary/Treasurer
Donna Kingelin, Member