Message to our clients and families – providing services during the COVID-19 pandemic period.
Your health and safety and the health and safety of our Kinark staff who are supporting you is our top priority – every day and particularly during this difficult and stressful time. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are regularly assessing and re-assessing our clients’ needs and adjusting our approach to service and support as needed. At Kinark we are committed to doing our part to contribute to the local, provincial, national and international efforts to reduce COVID-19 transmission.
During the pandemic period:
- Kinark has suspended all our non-essential, non-critical services. We have sent home all staff who are not involved in those services.
- The following Kinark sites are not open to the public:
- All Kinark office sites to non-Kinark employees
- All of our programs in school buildings
- Our supervised access programs
- Our autism behavioural services, family support workers and school support programs
- The Kinark Outdoor Centre
- All our childcare programs
- Urgent help
- If you are a Kinark client and need help urgently for a critical issue, we are here for you. Our staff will provide you with telephone support and advice and help you assess what else you might need. Please call the number associated with your local Kinark office.
- What service is continuing?:
- Syl Apps Youth Centre
- Vanier Residential Program
- Gorham Residential Program
- Lansdowne Residential Program
- Grove Residential Program
Children and youth in our Syl Apps Youth Centre and our residential programs will remain with us. They will only be able to visit with their families by telephone and video. No home visits will be possible. We have increased our screening and other infection control processes in all of those locations. We are working hard to keep everyone safe and well.
It can be very difficult to feel like you are staying up to date about COVID-19 when information is changing so quickly. We recommend that you visit The Public Health Agency of Canada’s website for up to date information you can trust.